THE NORDIC WELDING CONFERENCE BRINGS INTERNATIONAL WELDING EXPERTS TO REYKJAVÍK ICELAND
The Nordic Welding Conference (NWC) is the premier technical conference dedicated to bringing experts and professionals from the Nordic and International communities together to discuss state of the art welding and joining technologies. The conference has a long-standing tradition starting in 1948 in Stockholm, since then the Nordic Welding Conference has been organized every 2-3 years in one of the Nordic countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland.
The Nordic Welding Conference also provides essential opportunities for professionals and companies to meet engineers and researchers from manufacturers, suppliers, universities and research institutes to network and meet experts in the field of welding. The Conference is an IIW associated event, hosted this time by the Icelandic Welding Association (Málmsuðufélag Íslands) in collaboration with IÐAN Fræðslusetur and is to be held in Reykjavík Iceland.
The core themes for the conference will be:
Welding, the Industry 4.0 revolution, Education – Innovation -Unions.
Automation, Robot welding, and handling.
- Seam tracking systems for robot welding
EN 1090, Experience, Implementation and Education.
- Reports from the Nordic welding associations
- Case stories of failures and the necessity for the standard
- Training of Welding coordinators
Stainless steel, welding, and durability in harsh environments.
- Different steels in different environments
- Welding and use of stainless steel in Hydrogen plants
- Welding and use of stainless steel in Geo Thermal Power plants